Why teach at a New Horizons Primary Academy?
- To have the support of tried and tested systems and procedures to help you deliver high quality lessons across the curriculum.
- To benefit from a supportive network of energetic, motivated colleagues including your Year Leader.
- To work with an open and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
- To have meaningful and insightful feedback and ways forward to help you develop your teaching practice as part of your Performance Management Cycle.
- To have highly professional and effective support on hand for your pupils with SEND.
- To get a guaranteed day of PPA each fortnight in a designated space alongside your year group colleagues.
- To work in a Trust which believes in investing in its teachers and demonstrates a firm commitment to CPD at all levels.
- To work in a Trust which believes in investing in its future leaders early on in their careers. New Horizons runs its own two-tier Emerging Leaders programme as well as supporting teachers who are ready for the NPQML and NPQSL courses.
Your CV will have twice as much to show here after a year as somewhere else.
Lydia, New Horizons Seaside Primary
- To teach in a modern, purpose-built and well-organised working environment.
- To be given the opportunity to participate in and lead aspects of our three amazing residential trips to the Isle of Wight, the New Forest and Cornwall.
- To engage pupils in a whole host of enrichment activities beyond the classroom, from holding a sparkler at our Year R Bonfire Night to learning to body board on our Year 6 residential to Cornwall. Take a look at our Exploring New Horizons 118 Curriculum!
- To be able to request the resources you need to deliver lessons the way you know is best for the children.
- To enjoy a two-week May half-term as time in lieu from all INSET Days being covered through twilight training sessions (one a half-term).
- To have a trained TA in your classroom all morning and available in afternoons if needed.
- To work in a school very used to supporting NQTs starting out on their teaching career. As an NQT you have a guaranteed NQT day each fortnight, on alternate weeks to your PPA day.
New Horizons Seaside Primary has a professional, positive and supportive environment for both the children and staff and is somewhere I am proud to say I work.
Charlotte, Year 5 Leader